Parkour is nothing but an activity that involves intense training on military lines, activities that involve crossing obstacles with activities like jumping, running, climbing etc. These require special kind of shoes called as Parkour shoes.
Before you decide to buy parkour shoes first read reviews of different shoes and understand what is important to look out for. This is the recommended place to review parkour shoes before buying them.
The following are some the important features that one should look for in a parkour shoes
- Weight: Ideally parkour shoes should be lighter. However, there has to be a trade-off between weight and shock absorption. Never the less for the kind of demanding activity that has to be performed the shoe has to be as light as possible.
- Comfort: Before buying any shoe for that matter, it has to comfortable; the size has to be apt for you and you must not feel any discomfort. The shoe should neither be loose fitting for if it comes out during the activity it is embarrassing and irritating. If it is too tight then it is never comfortable.
- Grip: This is one of the important factor that prevents injury. Parkour shoes need to have a flat bottom and should have a large surface area.
- Sole: the sole of the shoe has to be thin but a compromise has to be achieved between shock absorption, durability, and longevity of the sole. It is important to avoid any slippery items in the sole like plastics.
- Cost: Last but not the least is the cost. One should be able to find a parkour shoe within their budget. However, a compromise has to be made between different factors and the cost.
Thus, look at these above factors consciously and compromise what is important for your activity and what is not and then buy from a good brand.